Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Corrupt files D500. And camera won't load

d500 corrupt files stuck loading frozen camera not working

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

SirKnoppix

SirKnoppix

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello. I recently acquired a D500 camera. I have taken about 32.000 pictures with it so far and have mostly used two 16 GB sd cards that I had laying around from my old camera. I recently bought a used 256 GB sd card which had caused the former owner no trouble at all and it worked perfectly fine the first couple of days - Now however I find that almost half of the pictures taken while using the 256 GB sd card are corrupt(I only use NEF files).

I feel like the way it has happened though is a bit weird. At first my camera was simply unable to show me what pictures I had just taken but I could still see them and work with them on the computer. Then the next pictures I took using the aforementioned sd card became corrupt and I got a message saying 'it looks like our program doesn't support this file format' when trying to open it using both windows photos and photoshop(I'm still able to open the non-corrupt files). I can't see the picture in the thumbnail either.

Then something frustrating and strange happened - now when I turn my camera on it will no longer take pictures. It turns on just fine and focuses on the objects just fine but nothing happens when I try to take pictures. And when I try to open up the settings or anything else on the camera it will just start loading showing an hourglass figure but it never gets any further in the process than that. This happens when I put the 256 GB sd card in but will keep happening regardless of what card I put in after that unless I shut down the camera by taking the battery out.

I figure that the sd card is broken somehow but I just have never experienced an sd card break down in this way before and I find it very odd... If someone has experienced something similar and knows whats going on I would be grateful if you would share it with me :)

Thank you for your time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d500, corrupt, files, stuck, loading, frozen, camera, not, working