Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which used DSLR to buy your help needed please

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Nikon236

Nikon236

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi all,
I’m looking to buy a used Nikon DSLR and I’m looking at either the D7000, D7100 or the D5300. I have a friend who shoots with a D7000 and a few lens which I can loan etc but I want the best performance for my money!
I guess that will be the D7100 but the D5300 is newer so is the sensor better in enough ways.
Hope you can help me
Thanks
Scott

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I would choose the D7100, but that is only on the information you provided.  Lots depends on condition of the equipment and the number of shutter activations on each body...To an extent it also depends on what your intended use is although in this case I doubt that the planned use would change my opinion...

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

I would choose the D7100, but that is only on the information you provided.  Lots depends on condition of the equipment and the number of shutter activations on each body...To an extent it also depends on what your intended use is although in this case I doubt that the planned use would change my opinion...

what wrong with d7200. has low light senor then d7100 also d7200 has better iso range too and Video Format plus on sale too. also if can not afford d7200 go with d7100 you get more out of it then d5300. since i should know it hit limit of camera body after year and 2 months. i need better low light senor body and faster frame rate per second to do sports and wildlife pictures and for doing shots in low lights. 

Hi all,

I’m looking to buy a used Nikon DSLR and I’m looking at either the D7000, D7100 or the D5300. I have a friend who shoots with a D7000 and a few lens which I can loan etc but I want the best performance for my money!
I guess that will be the D7100 but the D5300 is newer so is the sensor better in enough ways.
Hope you can help me
Thanks
Scott

also what type of photography will you be doing too. that will help out more in give you right direction to go.