Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lens help -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Abtex

Abtex

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello,

I’ve slowly getting in to photography for a hobbie and for the last year I’ve been happy using my D3300 with the kit lens. I recently did a couple of night class courses at my local college and felt after a year of using my D3300 I decided to upgrade.

As I was happy with D3300, as I could work most of the basic without too much issues I thought I would upgrade my lens. As I mainly shoot landscapes and general country outdoors I settled on the nikon 16-80mm f/2.8-4e ed vr.

The lens turned up and I took it out for a test run. I was left quite disappointed as the images I was capturing were very soft and seemed out of focus.  As I’m not an export on these matters I was wondering if I was missing something?

Do I need to change any settings on my camera? Or is the camera simple not good enough for this lens?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marc

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

It is hard to say what the issue is.  Posting an example with the EXIF settings (Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO) and any other information you can would be a great help to us in trying to help you.  Even information on the lens or lenses you have previously used might help us understand your issue a bit more...