Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D3

auto focus issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

duttonranch

duttonranch

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I am not sure this is the right place, but I do have a question. I have a Nikon D3 and the auto focus is not working. I sent it to Nikon, in Los Angeles, and they returned it, saying they no longer supplied parts for the D3, as it is now obsolete. The Nikon tech told me I needed to replace the "auto focus motor", on my D3. I have looked everywhere for the part, and or a parts camera that may have a working auto focus motor. So far, no luck. Does anyone have any idea where I might find such a part? Thank you in advance.

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Have you tried Nikon authorized service centers in your area? They're likely to have a stash of parts or may be able to obtain the parts needed to fix your D3.However, they may have to install used or reconditioned parts. A few years ago Nikon announced that they were no longer going to sell camera parts to consumers or, in some cases, even repair centers. So, about the only way you're likely to find the AF motor you need is by buying another D3 and cannibalizing it for the required parts. 

--Ron