Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cover for screen when taking video

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

oakridge

oakridge

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello. I have a D7200 which is a vast improvement on my aged and worn out D50 and it suits me very well.  My problem is that I am Albino so as well as having poor sight I am very sensitive to bright light.  This isn't much of a problem when taking stills because I use the viewfinder but it becomes a problem now that I have started doing video because I cannot see the screen.  Is there some gadget like the cloths used by plate camera photographers to keep me in the dark so-to-speak.

I don't go in for great art - much of what I take is recording what I have difficulty seeing.

You can see some of my photos here:

norwichhouse.oakridge | Flickr

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada

I have moved to mirrorless for video due to the EVFs they provide. But If you want to stick with DSLR, you might want to have a look at something like https://www.bhphotov...finder_for.html

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The hoodman LV kit is a bit more expensive, but its mount is much sturdier than the Kinotechnik magnets. https://www.bhphotov...ew_kit_for.html

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada

Wow... $200!

Hey Oakridge... Not sure what you're gonna use this for, but f you don't need low light I might look into a mirrorless bridge camera for maybe $100 more. Something like the FZ80 will give you 4k and an incredible zoom range. 

Granted it can't match the D7200 for noise, but if you don't do low light... just sayin'.

oakridge

oakridge

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Country Flag

Thank you very much for your suggestions,  they look very promising.  I have started negotiations with the Financial Department (Wife) which are proceeding favourably.

Malcolm Brown.