Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D50 software and picture project

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ghidrah

Ghidrah

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Apparently my 1st post regarding my D50 hasn't been approved yet or has been lost. My win 7 PC died last month, I now have a new win 10, 64 bit PC, I don't know what to do, I tried to install the picture project 1.5 CD that came with the camera last night but it would not install.

Any help will be appreciated

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,646 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

You were lucky to get Picture project to run even on Win7 as it wasn't supported...

The current replacement is ViewNX-i. If you want more editing power, the ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D bundle is free from Nikon. http://downloadcente...oad/sw/113.html

Ghidrah

Ghidrah

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks for responding Merco_61, I was wondering when the post would finally make it to the board. Really, the Picture Project software loaded up on win 7 with no probs and never glitched in the 6 yrs it ran on 7.

After giving up on having my post ever showing I downloaded (S-VNXI_010211) and installed it.

I haven't messed with the vnxi software yet, are you saying I should also D/L capture NX-D? Please pardon my ignorance, is that a program to grab internet images like old print screen or something more elaborate like DVD capture software? 

Up till the PC died I used pic project for the d50 and print screen then corel photo paint 12 to manipulate the images, (can't get CPP12 to run even though the "corel draw graphic suite 12" did install.

I'm sure I'm going to need a lot of help with the new software, thanks again for responding

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,646 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Capture NX-D is Nikon's editing software, primarily for raw files but it can do some editing from jpegs as well.

Capture can do much more than View, basically anything that can be done without using layers in programs like photoshop.

Exporting via print screen isn't necessary using either application. They both have export options where you can save your edits in either .tiff or .jpeg. You can even resize for the web on export.