Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

P900

continuous shooting in a

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Jimred

Jimred

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

hello,  

I have a Coolpix P900 and I want to change the  auto setting (green camera symbol) setting from single shoot to continuous but I cant find the correct menu to go into.

I can change the setting on other modes (eg birdwatching mode) but don't seem to be able to change this, please remember I'm new to this!

one more thing would you recommend a screw on UV filter?

many thanks 

leighgion

leighgion

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMadrid

I expect you've gotten no answers because nobody who has checked owns a P900. I'd recommend you dig out your manual or see if Nikon offers a free downloadable PDF.

Judging from past experience with the green auto mode though, it's quite possible that continuous shooting might be disabled in auto mode. 

Far as the UV filter goes, it's not necessary. Those of us who use them frequently aren't thinking about UV filtration at all, just protecting the front element.

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth East Lincs

When i had mine i used a filter for protection but i also used a rubber lens hood to keep the sun of it and help avoid flare, you need one that folds back to avoid image corner cutt of at the wide angle end.

Cant help with your settings as i never used the green auto mode