Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon d750 obstruction?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Jordan5525

Jordan5525

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
I recently purchased a Nikon d750 with a 50mm Nikon 1.8 fx lens. However, upon turning it on the bottom 3/4 of the screen is a solid black square almost as if something is blocking the lens (although upon looking there is nothing). I have tried taking the lens off and on again and can see nothing from a visual inspection. Any ideas?

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
(A capture of the partial black screen would have been helpful)
You see the black block only on the rear screen - not while looking through the viewfinder? Correct?

I don’t think it has to do with the lens, but rather with the screen (or the electronics or cables that send signals to the screen).

As the rear screen of the D750 can be flipped, you might move it to see if there is a bad contact. (Not as matter of fixing, but as a matter of identifying a possible issue)

If this confirms and it is under warranty I’d suggest to return it. If you got it second hand, see with the seller.

wfwiii22

wfwiii22

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi, 

I have this exact same issue with the exact same lens.  I've owned both for just over a month.  Everything has been working smoothly and then all of a sudden today I turn it on and a) autofocus isn't working and B) the images taken show this black square covering the bottom 3/4 of the image whether I shoot through the viewfinder or using the back panel. Hopefully, someone can shed some light on this issue? 

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Hi, 

I have this exact same issue with the exact same lens.  I've owned both for just over a month.  Everything has been working smoothly and then all of a sudden today I turn it on and a) autofocus isn't working and B) the images taken show this black square covering the bottom 3/4 of the image whether I shoot through the viewfinder or using the back panel. Hopefully, someone can shed some light on this issue? 

Could you share a sample that shows the problem?

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Examples AND Details...EXIF information and anything else you can tell us about the shot or shots you provide as examples...

Those things can all contribute to our best being able to help you!

ariettea

ariettea

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi, 

Hey!! My Nikon D750 just started doing the same, any idea what happened to yours? How did you fixed it?