Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D610 vs D7500

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

mogunbiyi

mogunbiyi

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
I have read series of comments and reviews about the D610 and the D7500. Yet, more reviews seems to go the way of FX and DX competition. Despite all the preliminary readings, I still find it difficult to chose between these two cameras.

I do need the camera for portraits, weddings, landscape, and may be a bit of sport. Let me mention hear that i do not own a camera now, so I am not bothered about which lenses to buy or not. I only want functional lenses that I will use at its optimum. Again, I will like to go professional in the photography art, so I need your assistance in helping me choose the better of both cameras.

Reviews confirm that both camera are great. I only need to chose which is better of both. Let me mention, that the 4k video of the D7500 is not a criteria for choosing it above the D610 as the recording time for the 4k is only 3 minutes.

Thank you.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I would choose the D500 or the D7200 over the D7500 as the DX option...

It really depends on your plans - it is confusing that you indicate you are going to be a professional photographer but do not own a camera.  Regardless of what body you choose, my recommendation is to purchase only FX glass which can be used on both DX and FX...The glass tends to be more important than the body although there are certainly critical factors to consider with the bodies as well.

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

The D610 is a really nice camera.... it's also very old technology. If I were going to purchase a new camera I would not consider the D610 unless I found a really outstanding deal on one.

For DX, the cameras that Tom mentioned would both be good choices. For FX, well.... I'm not sure. The D750 would probably be what I would choose.  However, it's starting to show it's age a bit as well and is due for replacement soon. But it's a very capable camera body. 

Tom is also right about lenses. Good glass is generally more important than which camera body you choose.

--Ron