Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D7200 WiFi signal strength

d7200 wifi

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

earthshaker

earthshaker

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country Flag

After contacting Nikon support, asking the same question on a couple of forums, I still have no definitive answer, maybe someone here has an idea.

I have a 6 month old D7200, I have connected to the camera via WiFi on a few occasions, Nikon claims up to 98 feet, assuming no interference and absence of obstructions. I am a landscape shooter, there are places I go where the likelihood of such interference is rare, but the best I can get is 5 feet of range, from either of my portable devices (2) or my laptop, is this a typical situation? or am I the only one with this problem?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I just tested mine, and it works well @15m with 10 other 2.4 GHz radio links active. My portable device is an old iPhone 5S with the WMU installed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d7200, wifi