Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikkor 55-200 VR II vr not working for photos?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

indieTM

indieTM

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello everyone!

I just purchased the new Nikkor 55-200 VR II lens for my D3200 and I'm very disappointed. In order to get sharp images at 200mm I have to set the shutter speed at 1/200 or smaller even if the VR is on. With VR off, at 1/250 I get sharp images almost every time, so the difference is very small between VR on and VR off. With VR II I should be able to get sharp images at much longer shutter speeds (4 stops more than without VR, as advertised) but at 1/160 I have 50% chance to get a sharp image with VR on.

The VR is working, on video there is a huge difference between VR on and VR off.

Is it normal how my lens works? Does anyone have this lens? If so, are you able to shoot at longer shutter speeds and get sharp images?

Thank you!