Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Courtenoy M44 Flash Meter Manual?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Marcus Rowland

Marcus Rowland

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLondon

Anyone got instructions for a Courtenoy M44 flash meter? I picked one up that seems to work and the only site that has the instructions on line wants a lot of money for the download.

g4aaw pete

g4aaw pete

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBirchington, North Kent Coast.

Site Supporter

Apologies if you've already come across this Marcus:

Courtenay Flashmaster instruction manual, user manual, PDF manual, free manuals

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Butkus only has the manual for models 1, 2 and 3, not the 44, unfortunately. 

I am sorry that I can't help, but I gave both my 44 and the manual away when I closed my studio some years ago.

Marcus Rowland

Marcus Rowland

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLondon

Butkus only has the manual for models 1, 2 and 3, not the 44, unfortunately. 

I am sorry that I can't help, but I gave both my 44 and the manual away when I closed my studio some years ago.

Butkus was the first place I tried, unfortunately the models he has are different enough that they aren't very helpful. Can you help with a couple of questions from memory?

The power switch has three positions - the top seems to be off. The second and third are marked with an I and a flash symbol, but it seems to work the same with either - what's the difference?

Is the socket at the bottom for an external power supply, or for an external trigger of some sort?

Thanks!

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I don’t remember what the socket on the bottom does.
I think one power on setting is for incident reading and the other for reflected. I don’t remember which is which…
I never used it much as I have both a Sekonic 308 and a 358. The Courtenay was a backup for when I didn’t have the lithium batteries for the Sekonics in stock and the meter died.

Marcus Rowland

Marcus Rowland

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLondon

Sounds like I is for incident and the arrow for reflected. Many thanks, I'm probably going to sell it on and that ought to be enough info for someone to get started with it. If they want to pay £9.99 for the manual they can, I'm certainly not going to!