Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D850 - How to focus one myself in front of camera - when solo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

TaT_DK

TaT_DK

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi

Here is the scenario.

I am out on my own. I want to be in front of the camera and set up the camera on my Tripod.

Put microphone on and all that.

BUT - Ho do I focus when in front of the camera?

If I use continuous focusing it will refocus during the recording - so how do I do this?

If I focus . wife Auto Focus and want to turn Auto focus of - it will refocus before I can do this so I have a problem.

Also I cannot use SNAPBRIDGE or WMU as they only seem to work with Photo and not Video

HEEEELP

Thanks Guys and Girls

Thomas

MJL

MJL

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationThe Canadian wet coast

Site Supporter

I don't know the spec about D850 but there is an "old" trick which works with most AF camera.  Get a children play doll bigger than an adult head and put it where your face will be.  Manually focus the lens and then just replace the doll with yourself when the camera is rolling.