Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon AW 130 soundtrack on video.

pulsing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Lowvolts

Lowvolts

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello Everyone.

I use my little Nikon AW 130 waterproof camera as my "Go to" choice, as it is small and easily carried. It takes great photo's, and full HD video. Over the last few months I have noticed that my PC does not play back any "audio" track properly if I use it to take a bit of "Video".

The "Audio" is fine if listened to on the camera, and is ok when played on my old XP  Dell laptop, with its Centrino chip and 512Mb Ram, although the "Video track" does not play properly on that one, ( possibly not enough RAM. ??? ) 

When I use my little Win 10 Lenovo ideapad 100S laptop, it plays everything ok, although I have to fiddle around with how I open the file up through VLC. I did suspect that the "Novatech card reader" that is installed on the PC may be playing up, so I also used a USB plug'n'play card reader into a different USB port built into PC.

This made no difference to audio track ( it pulses ) but video played ok. I did suspect that the PC sound card may be playing up, or even the newer version of VLC media player that is on the PC, but not on the pair of laptops, but, If I use a different camera, such as my Nikon Coolpix P510, and record some video, the PC plays audio and video as normal, without any problems, so my impression is that the PC system is just fine.

I have also tried different SD cards in the camera to no avail, so I am now at a complete loss as to what the problem may be.

Hope someone can come up with an answer, and also that I am able to understand what they are saying. Please keep it simple for me.!!

Thanks in anticipation of any replies,

Dave Page.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

If the AW130 produces .mxf files, you might have to convert them to a more widespread codec, or even file format to get VLC to playback video and sound at the same time. It might be possible to install a codec that works in a modern build of VLC, but I don't know which will work. From what I've read, VLC has dropped support for many of the .mxf codecs.