Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Overall lens rating: * * * * *
AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm F2.8D IF-ED

AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm F2.8D IF-ED

• ghamden likes this

Product Photos

Attached Image: 1961_AF-S-Zoom-NIKKOR-28-70mm-f-2.8-IF-ED_front.png Attached Image: 1961_AF-S-Zoom-NIKKOR-28-70mm-f-2.8-IF-ED_front2.png

Product Number: 1961
Lens Category: Walkaround
GENERAL:  
In Production: No
Successor: AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm F2.8G ED
OPTICS:  
Format: FX (Full-Frame)
Optical Construction: 15 elements in 11 groups
Min. Focusing Distance (cm): 70
Max. Magnification (x): 0.12
Zoom/Magnification Ratio (x): 2.5
Coating Type: Super Integrated
Special Optical Elements: Extra-Low Dispersion Element(s) (ED), Aspherical Element(s) (AS)
Field of View (deg): 74 to 34.2
DX Field of View (deg): 54 to 22.5
APERTURE:  
Max. Aperture: F2.8
Min. Aperture: F22
Number of Aperture Blades: 9
Aperture Ring: Yes
FOCUSING:  
Focus Type: AF-S (Silent wave motor)
Focusing Modes: M/A, M
Full-Time AF Override: Yes
Internal Focusing: Yes
Distance Scale: Yes
Macro: No
FEATURES:  
Stabilization: No
Weather Sealing: No
Tripod Collar: No
Internal Zooming: No
DIMENSIONS:  
Filter Size (mm): 77
Max. Barrel Diameter (mm): 89
Collapsed Length (mm): 121.5
Weight (g): 935
ACCESSORIES:  
Hood: HB-19
Case: CL-74
Front Cap: LC-77
Rear Cap: LF-1
In the Box: Hood, Hard Case, Front Cap, Rear Cap
Please use the area below for lens reviews only. Comments on others' reviews and off-topic posts will be deleted.

2 Reviews

This lens is excellent i have had mine for over 8 years no issues tack sharp fast af... Worth buying if you can get it used .

I have used this lens for years as my primary go-to lens.  It's fast, quiet, sharp, and is extremely dependable.  The bummer is it recently stopped focusing and needs to visit the shop.  Nikon has stiff-armed me as they say they don't support this lens any longer but suggested I visit a local shop.  So I am super bummed and need to figure out where to get it serviced.