Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

IchigoIchigo3's Content

There have been 1 items by IchigoIchigo3 (Search limited from 29-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#42127 Nikon Coolpix S-3500 lens shift issue?

Posted by IchigoIchigo3 on 15 September 2016 - 06:55 PM in Nikon CX and Coolpix Compact Cameras

Hello everyone,

I recently just dropped my camera unfortunately, however I guess the bright side is; I dropped it when it was off, so the optical zoom is not bent or anything.

The problem I'm having can be easier seen by the pictures that I've included on this post. 

After dropping it, whenever I turn the camera on it will appear as though the lens is being blocked, or something is in the way. However, there is nothing loose or hanging in front of the lens at all, so I believe the lens may have shifted inside as a result of dropping it. So the good thing is (I guess), is that it's not shifting, in that the lens moves around or anything. It has just shifted itself into one position, which is shown in the included pictures. 

Zooming in or out doesn't do anything. And there are no odd noises when the camera turns on or off, so no clicking or snapping noises or anything like that, thankfully. 

I know this is just a little camera and I can probably get a new one, but simply put; I like this little guy, and I don't want to just replace it. It's my camera :) I like it, I really do. It's certainly not the best, but it's my little camera, and I enjoy it very much ;)

I really hope you someone who is more camera-inclined, and knows more than I do could perhaps offer any input as to what might be the problem, whether it's a serious problem or a simple one. I sincerely hope it's the latter. But any help would just be great and very much appreciated guys. Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN1074.JPG
  • DSCN1090.JPG
  • DSCN1091.JPG