Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Adamwesleyo's Content

There have been 50 items by Adamwesleyo (Search limited from 19-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#3386 Q&A Thread for D610 Giveaway

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 10 October 2013 - 11:04 AM in Official Contests and Events

How do you know how many raffle tickets you've accumulated? 

#11248 Q&A Thread for D610 Giveaway

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 10 December 2013 - 06:13 PM in Official Contests and Events

I know nothing. Maybe you should ask the other Adam.

However I do have some light I could shed. It would just be shed on nothing.

#15224 D610 Giveaway - Winners Announced!

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 05 February 2014 - 12:22 AM in Official Contests and Events

Congrats!!!!!!

#4042 Nikon D610 Announced

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 15 October 2013 - 03:26 PM in Homepage Posts

Wouldn't it be of better faith to just fix the D600? I know if my car breaks the same as many others they issue a recall and fix it. I know that might not be the best option but this is a major company after all.

#2651 What is the best mode to shoot on

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 06 October 2013 - 08:33 PM in Beginner Questions

I have mine on manual 99% of the time but I need to start using A.

#2656 what do you like taking pictures of >

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 06 October 2013 - 08:55 PM in Coffee Chat

I enjoy landscapes & vibrant colors. I also enjoy extreme weather events.

#16120 D610. I just got it!

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 21 February 2014 - 02:05 AM in Nikon FX DSLRs

Take awesome pictures of the 610 with the 610.....wait I think I created a black hole......

#7768 Photographic Magazines

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 09 November 2013 - 11:06 PM in Photographic Industry

I'm all online anymore.

#10658 FYI-Rechargable Batteries for Speedlights

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 12:47 AM in Strobist Corner

Yeah I need to invest in some of those. Batteries are always something I need more of but I generally try to at least get away with rechargeable whenever possible. 

#17925 How to Photograph a Lunar Eclipse. From Nikon.

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 21 March 2014 - 09:17 PM in Tutorials & Tips

That timelapse technique looks very cool.  It really lets you appreciate the eclipse, as long as you can find an appealing foreground ;)

Thou shalt be done with the trigger trap. 

#2645 Beginner DSLR....which basic model is the best...

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 06 October 2013 - 08:25 PM in Beginner Questions

I bought a d80 off of one of my professors for $300. It was a great buy. Came with a vertical battery grip and a 28mm lens. Taken some great pictures. Especially when I bought some other lenses. 

#2660 Backing Up Your Images

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 06 October 2013 - 09:06 PM in Post-Processing, Printing, and Scanning

I might have to check out NCH compression. 

#2664 Corel AfterShot Pro Editor - FREE!

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 06 October 2013 - 09:30 PM in Nikon Deals

Works great.  Not sure how much I'll use it but I have it.

#7769 Auto ISO rant!

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 09 November 2013 - 11:10 PM in Nikon DX DSLRs

I just turned mine off.

#10661 Good lens recommendations?

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 01:01 AM in Nikon Lens Discussion

Did you get the one without VC because that one new is around $120 I think. Decent lens. Nothing I'd write home about but good for just tooling around with.

#10660 DIY Flash & Lighting Hacks

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 12:55 AM in Do-it-yourself (DIY)

I also saw a pro use some fluorescent lights rigged up for some pretty amazing studio lights. As long as you shoot at a slower shutter speed to compensate for the flicker it apparently works great. I'll see if I can find the link.

#10657 All right, strobists, where do I start?

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 12:39 AM in Strobist Corner

I just bought a cheap set up including a Yongnuo 560 III and some diffusers and shoot through umbrellas. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm not expecting a lot for under $100 for all of it but you never know. That's why I'm experimenting.

#10880 All right, strobists, where do I start?

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 06 December 2013 - 11:18 AM in Strobist Corner

Got the flash. It is great. Probably ordering another one real soon. It's economically a sound choice. Let's just see if they last.

#9460 Off the wall photographic ideas...

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 18 November 2013 - 11:56 PM in Photographic Technique

I really enjoy looking at forced perspective shots. I think I will give that a try soon. Also high speed photog sparks my interest. Now that I have the equipment to do it I will be soon.

#10659 Instructables

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 12:52 AM in Do-it-yourself (DIY)

I'm cheap so yes I have. I made a IR trigger that connected to my phone and worked as a remote. Even bought a little box to make it look nice. Easy and really really cheap. I think it was about $5 total. The app cost more than the parts.

#10655 Has Anyone Tried Triggertrap on their Nikons?

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 12:32 AM in Strobist Corner

I grabbed one a couple of months back and love it. I am doing some time-lapse with it and just picked up the flash attachment for some high speed photography. It works great and the customer service people are great. Plus it can do quite a few other things. For 20 bucks I now have a great intervalometer, high speed rig, etc. Does ramping, HDR time-lapse, sound triggering. It's the whole package. Plus they are adding stuff and working on some laser triggers and motion sensors that you can stack. I did a ton of research on their stuff and it's legit. 

Oh and forgot to answer your 2 questions. No and No. It's a smart trigger is what it is. Essentially it only fires the shutter but it can be set to fire at intervals, or for a certain length of time. Time-lapse will fire for as long as needed then you can set time in between. Watch some of the HDR time-lapse videos. But no tethering or viewing the pictures. I use mini USB and sofortbild for viewing on my computer rather than getting the pics on a card. Instant viewing and you can set the camera controls from the comp. Plus its free so that is even better.

#2646 Third party speedlights

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 06 October 2013 - 08:28 PM in Beginner Questions

I recently read a review on Yongnuos and it was pretty positive. They are not a knock off brand but a separate company that is making them cheap in China I believe.

#3429 You have one D700, what is your other camera?

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 10 October 2013 - 06:17 PM in Beginner Questions

I make clicking sounds with my mouth as a backup. Wait..... No I only have a D80. I do plan on upgrading soon and turning the D80 into an infrared.

#6361 Hosting Picture sites, Who do you use

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 29 October 2013 - 11:26 PM in Coffee Chat

Flickr so far....

#27387 D7000 Raw+Jpeg

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 30 September 2014 - 06:09 PM in Technical Troubleshooting

I have a question that I was wondering if anyone else has any experience with. I recently purchased a D7000. I love this thing and have gotten down most of the features and what not. My question is this. I currently have it set so that the first card captures Raw and the second card captures Jpeg. I do this because I have what is essentially a cam ranger (actually a hacked 3040 wireless modem and dslr dashboard.) and it sends the jpegs to my tablet. I can send the raw files but being as they are large and I don't want to eat all the space up after taking a few pictures I have the jpegs sent.

Problem is I don't want the reviews in camera to show both photos. It may seem stupid but it get's pretty annoying going through what I have shot and having to scroll through both the raw and the jpegs and deleting is just as annoying. Is there a way to set it so that it only shows either one or the other or do you have to review both? Essentially can it just simply use the jpegs as backups without me having to worry about them. If that doesn't make sense let me know and I can try to reword. Thanks in advance.