Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Adamwesleyo's Content

There have been 50 items by Adamwesleyo (Search limited from 24-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#3429 You have one D700, what is your other camera?

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 10 October 2013 - 06:17 PM in Beginner Questions

I make clicking sounds with my mouth as a backup. Wait..... No I only have a D80. I do plan on upgrading soon and turning the D80 into an infrared.

#14517 Yongnuo 622N Flash Triggers

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 29 January 2014 - 01:17 AM in Strobist Corner

I have 2 of the 560 III's I did a little research and found the meyin rf 604 works with these. I can trigger both flashes with it perfectly for about $35. 

http://www.lightingr...91#.Uuiq3Xl6hsM

#2651 What is the best mode to shoot on

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 06 October 2013 - 08:33 PM in Beginner Questions

I have mine on manual 99% of the time but I need to start using A.

#2656 what do you like taking pictures of >

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 06 October 2013 - 08:55 PM in Coffee Chat

I enjoy landscapes & vibrant colors. I also enjoy extreme weather events.

#15513 What causes images to be faint

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 11 February 2014 - 12:09 AM in Beginner Questions

Yeah overexposed. Switch to manual and run that way for a while to get used to what you need to be looking for with the light meter. I find that I have to underexpose by about 1/3 of a stop to get it closer to where I want it.

#7767 Upgrading and which MPs to choose

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 09 November 2013 - 11:01 PM in Beginner Questions

I printed a 16x20 from a D80 with no issues. That is a 10mp camera so you should be fine with anything above that.

#2646 Third party speedlights

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 06 October 2013 - 08:28 PM in Beginner Questions

I recently read a review on Yongnuos and it was pretty positive. They are not a knock off brand but a separate company that is making them cheap in China I believe.

#10653 spots on images d80

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 12:20 AM in Technical Troubleshooting

I had a buddy help me with mine as he has more exp. with it. Rocket blower wouldn't do it. He used a magnifying light to check it first and I did have a few good stuck spots on the sensor. He then tried a mini vacuum with a brush on the end to no avail. It got a little of it but there were two really stubborn spots that we had to clean wet. If you're going to do it be VERY careful. Pretend you are trying to clean something that's really expensive and sensitive. Oh wait you are.

#2649 Screen protectors

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 06 October 2013 - 08:29 PM in Beginner Questions

Mine has not left the camera since I bought the camera. No problems as of yet.

#3386 Q&A Thread for D610 Giveaway

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 10 October 2013 - 11:04 AM in Official Contests and Events

How do you know how many raffle tickets you've accumulated? 

#11248 Q&A Thread for D610 Giveaway

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 10 December 2013 - 06:13 PM in Official Contests and Events

I know nothing. Maybe you should ask the other Adam.

However I do have some light I could shed. It would just be shed on nothing.

#7768 Photographic Magazines

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 09 November 2013 - 11:06 PM in Photographic Industry

I'm all online anymore.

#10787 Photographer wins a $1.2M Lawsuit for stolen images

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 04 December 2013 - 10:37 AM in Photographic Industry

I should probably start watermarking mine better. 

#10662 Pass along my mishap in hopes of warning others (long read)

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 01:16 AM in Bags, Tripods, and Accessories

I probably would've dove after it and somehow tried to force the seas to part. But that's just me. 

#2659 Online labs

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 06 October 2013 - 09:02 PM in Post-Processing, Printing, and Scanning

I use bay. They have a great turnaround time and tons of options.

#10786 Old photo restoration.

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 04 December 2013 - 10:34 AM in Post-Processing, Printing, and Scanning

I've restored and colored a few older pictures. Just do the color on a different layer. You can get some good results if you mask out each section, color, and soft light or overlay the layer or try some of the others out. 

#9460 Off the wall photographic ideas...

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 18 November 2013 - 11:56 PM in Photographic Technique

I really enjoy looking at forced perspective shots. I think I will give that a try soon. Also high speed photog sparks my interest. Now that I have the equipment to do it I will be soon.

#4986 NX2 vs ACR

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 20 October 2013 - 12:31 PM in Post-Processing, Printing, and Scanning

I will have to use NX2. I don't think I ever have. I will let you know my findings.

#4042 Nikon D610 Announced

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 15 October 2013 - 03:26 PM in Homepage Posts

Wouldn't it be of better faith to just fix the D600? I know if my car breaks the same as many others they issue a recall and fix it. I know that might not be the best option but this is a major company after all.

#10756 Night photography technique I used

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 10:25 PM in Photographic Technique

I usually go full open and around that shutter speed with good results. 

#2655 New Nikon forum (cool) too many sub forums ( ewww)

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 06 October 2013 - 08:53 PM in Coffee Chat

I'm good but I enjoy digging.

#10788 New Forest Photo Experience Day - Please Critique

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 04 December 2013 - 10:41 AM in Critique

The 1891 stone is great. Sepia would look good on it too.

#10659 Instructables

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 12:52 AM in Do-it-yourself (DIY)

I'm cheap so yes I have. I made a IR trigger that connected to my phone and worked as a remote. Even bought a little box to make it look nice. Easy and really really cheap. I think it was about $5 total. The app cost more than the parts.

#4041 Infrared

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 15 October 2013 - 03:20 PM in Do-it-yourself (DIY)

Has anyone ever tried replacing the filter to accommodate an infrared filter? If so what was your experience? Easy or not? I am thinking when I upgrade my D80 that I want to turn mine into a dedicated infrared. I know it is better to have a pro do it but I have converted a point and shoot. It was pretty easy and yes I know a DSLR is a whole different ballgame. Just wanted some opinions or feedback on the process or if I should just send it in and have it professionally done. I have fat fingers also which could make it difficult.   

#6774 How would you process this astro image (RAW included)

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 01 November 2013 - 07:55 PM in Post-Processing, Printing, and Scanning

I was just looking up eq mounts. There's a way to make your own for cheap but adding a motor changes the price a bit. If you have some cash to blow though there's this.

http://www.amazon.co...s=star trackerĀ