Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Patrick9's Content

There have been 26 items by Patrick9 (Search limited from 29-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#54288 I am still here

Posted by Patrick9 on 04 March 2018 - 06:07 PM in Coffee Chat

Nope the Firewall ain't it. only running the new one other 2 are turned off.

#54271 I am still here

Posted by Patrick9 on 04 March 2018 - 07:47 AM in Coffee Chat

Have you tried upgrading Java and Flash to the latest versions? I don't know what scripting the site uses, but those two are usually the culprits.

Does IE work? It is usually better behaved than Edge from what I've seen (not that I use either if I can avoid them as I am a mac user since the System 7 days.)

Edge works but it constantly redirects me to scammers. 1?2 the time I end up having to reboot to get out of the loop it sets up. Fire Fox the new edition says it does not use Java or  flash having its own systems for them. I have them updated any way. I am now trying Chrome

Haven't had issues using Chrome or Safari...don't think I've tried Firefox here...

Chrome seems to be working.

I may have found the problem. I just had a new tab open up in Chrome. I initate it . It said that my Microsoft firewall detected suspicious incoming  I thought that fre wall had been shut down. I run 2 other programs for antivirus/firewalls. Just went back to a system I have had great luck with. So for a couple of months I will be running 2 programs till the subscription runs out on Mcafee. I am thinking that firewall  may be the problem.

#54163 Your Best Photo, Week Ending 25 February 2018

Posted by Patrick9 on 25 February 2018 - 06:51 PM in Mini-Challenges, Member Contests, and Games

Still trying to get this computer straightened out. so far I have been redirected to a scammers page once so far just trying to get here.  Any way here is mine for this week. I have been giving the F4 a work out.

F4

105/2.5 AI

Arista ultra 400

in love.jpg

#54146 I am still here

Posted by Patrick9 on 24 February 2018 - 07:21 PM in Coffee Chat

Sorryall.I am still here . Just having a LOT of browser problems. I can get on here and Pentax Forums using microsoft Edge. on and able to do anything other than just browse. I have switched to back to   Fire Fox since Edge is being scammed and my keys continually redirect me to a scam page.  I end up having to depower and reboot to get out of the loop. Fire Fox does not do this. Problem is Fire Fox only lets me browse these 2 forums. I can not post anything using Fire Fox. These 2 forums seem the only ones being effected on FF. It took me 3 tries to get on here tonight  on Edge to post this. Just to let you all know I am not gone. I am checking in , just having a lot of problems with my browsers. .  Hopefully I can get this fixed before to long.  

#53889 Your Best Photo, Week Ending 4 February 2018

Posted by Patrick9 on 04 February 2018 - 09:23 PM in Mini-Challenges, Member Contests, and Games

Mine are on film the last couple of weeks. 2 rolls processed and just need to get them scanned . The scanner is in a room the is closed off to keep wife's cats out. With the temps so low lately I haven't felt like scanning. I need a coat on to stay in there very long. Hopefully this week I will "get r done" and posted.

#53667 Advice needed

Posted by Patrick9 on 23 January 2018 - 09:07 PM in Nikon Film SLRs

Not known at this time.  I have a set of el cheapo  batteries in it right now for testing. probably stay with Duracells  for the time being. . I am considering an MB20 for it . I weighed it on our digital kitchen scales. with the MB23 6 batteries and the 24/2.8 it weighed in at 4 pounds. 

#53646 Advice needed

Posted by Patrick9 on 22 January 2018 - 08:21 PM in Nikon Film SLRs

It is a later one The serial # starts with 254

#53628 Advice needed

Posted by Patrick9 on 21 January 2018 - 08:50 PM in Nikon Film SLRs

The F4 won out. There is an F4E waiting at the Post Office for me to go sign for. Hopefully I will have it in my hands tomorrow night.

#53446 Advice needed

Posted by Patrick9 on 08 January 2018 - 09:29 PM in Nikon Film SLRs

Thanks Peter.

I am leaning heavily toward the F4. I like that I can mount my preAi 55 micro on it Like I can on the FE., as well as my more modern lenses. I knew  to look for the bleed but had not considered needing to pay extra attention to the focusing screen. That is the kind of information I was looking for. 

XJLanzaro

Thanks

I'll check out the F2AS. I assume it is an updated version of the F2. Correct?

#53399 Your Best Photo, Week Ending 1 January 2018

Posted by Patrick9 on 07 January 2018 - 09:59 AM in Mini-Challenges, Member Contests, and Games

I shot film this week. then company came yesterday some still here and others coming later today. I hope to get the film processed later this evening after everyone leaves. So I am late again.. Hopefully can post one tomorrow.  

I forgot that I had taken a photo of my FE that I was shooting  It was loaded with Illford FP4

This was taken with my K-S2 and a new to me lens

.freezeing FE.JPG

#53356 Advice needed

Posted by Patrick9 on 04 January 2018 - 06:07 PM in Nikon Film SLRs

My FM2 has died again. I had it repairedonce but the Mirroris stuck in the up position and other than pulling it down by hand ( it goes backup when I let go of it) it will not come down. I  still have the FE that works but am considering An FA or even an F4  Not sure which would be better for a replacement. I am leaning towards an F4. any thing I might need to be aware of with either of these bodies? what to look out for etc. If I get on and it needs attention is there someone that is reliable to repair either   

#52999 Your Best Photo, Week Ending 10 December 2017

Posted by Patrick9 on 10 December 2017 - 07:02 PM in Mini-Challenges, Member Contests, and Games

I was shooting low light mostly this week. Doing a B/W challenge. So I used the K-S2. It is my best low light camera.

This little Angel has been my wife's and my tree topper for around 40 years

.Angel.JPG

K-S2

Tamron 90SP AF Macro

ISO 12800

f2.8

1/60

#52860 Your Best Photo, Week Ending 3 December 2017

Posted by Patrick9 on 04 December 2017 - 09:41 PM in Mini-Challenges, Member Contests, and Games

I grew up in Indiana. It was New York Central. Here in Tennesse it is CSX. CSX seems to use others engines a bit. I was in Virginia for a short time and saw the  Norfolk Southern there. I have seen 1 or 2 here on CSX trains . It still been a few years since I saw one tho.

Patrick, many of the Norfolk Southerns at least in my area look like they have some age to them. I caught one of their Heritage units last summer the Pennsylvania but the picture did not turn out very well. I didn’t know it was coming and it was the third engine in of five.

Well actually many of the trains need cleaning up.

As for it hanging on a wall! I have two 30 x 32 frames hanging on my wall in my office. Every so often I change them out. I just may put this one in next

#52836 Your Best Photo, Week Ending 3 December 2017

Posted by Patrick9 on 03 December 2017 - 09:22 PM in Mini-Challenges, Member Contests, and Games

Steve      I haven't seen a Norfolk Southern engine in a Loooong time. This one appears well used. I could see that one hanging on a wall 

Mark        Enjoy the shallow DOF to bring home the feeling of Fall

#52823 Your Best Photo, Week Ending 3 December 2017

Posted by Patrick9 on 03 December 2017 - 01:08 PM in Mini-Challenges, Member Contests, and Games

Tom  The last one is my favorite of your group, with the tree line coming farther out into the frame and the darker top and bottom jut make it for me.

Peter     Since Blue is my favorite color That sky is fantastic. contrasts the red so well.

Heatherlynn  Such gorgeous eyes

You all make it sooo hard to post my shots. I decided on a b/w this time.

backroom.JPG

D200

24/2.8

Iso 400

f5.6

1/30 

#52784 Your Best Photo, Week Ending 26 November 2017

Posted by Patrick9 on 02 December 2017 - 10:14 AM in Mini-Challenges, Member Contests, and Games

Tis the season to be hectic and late. We got our tree last weekend. I finally got some shots uploaded to the computer to share.

Taken with the D200 w/  DX 55-200 VR When I got this lens the VR wasn't working Playing with it ,it now seems to work most of the time.

I may take some time and actually edit some of the shots. 

.DSC_1539.JPG

DSC_1538.JPG

#52509 Your Best Photo, Week Ending 12 November 2017

Posted by Patrick9 on 19 November 2017 - 10:57 PM in Mini-Challenges, Member Contests, and Games

I am late. been busy here . I finally got the Ricoh VII fixed and calibrated. bought a Yashica 635 sent it out for a repair (broken shutter). The FM2 died (Shutter locked up)  so I sent it out as well. All are back and being tested. Sorry but I ended up using my K-S2 to shoot a charity Marathon  Sat morning. It is way smaller and lighter than my D200 with either of my Nikkor zooms, and I was going to be out walking part of the course while another photographer did the start/ finish line 

This is my favoriteshot . . I had been called back to help with the awards shooting I got him as I was nearing the finish line .  

Almost there.JPG

K-S2  Promaster 28-105/4-5.6

iso 500

f6.3

1/1250

#52508 New leather

Posted by Patrick9 on 19 November 2017 - 08:19 PM in Nikon Film SLRs

I did see that they apparently sell kits for my Minolta XD-11 and it's winder which are both in dire need of reskinning. The prices don't seem too bad either as long as you stay away from the more exotic stuff. I personally preferred the type of covering my SRT has rather than the thicker stuff they used on the XD anyway. And, in plain black. While I can admire the red leather cover, it's not exactly my cup o tea.

--Ron

That is where I got my leather from. he is a bit slow but I do like his products.

#47898 Your Best Photo, Week Ending 9 April 2017

Posted by Patrick9 on 09 April 2017 - 12:08 PM in Mini-Challenges, Member Contests, and Games

I have been shooting film the last couple of weeks. I need to get the rolls processed now. I did carry one of my DSLR's along yesterday.  I went out shooting anything and everything. . While at an old pre civil war plantation house  there was a wedding photog shooting the after ceremonies.  This lady as twirling and strutting so I swung around from the flowers and caught her in mid twirl. I wish I had been straighter on to eliminate the perspective distortion the columns. But that was not possible. This is a tight crop of the original shot to remove one of her photographers and others that were near by her.  

K-S2 Tamron 90

.Brides twirl.JPG

#47755 Post your Film Nikons!

Posted by Patrick9 on 01 April 2017 - 09:22 PM in Nikon Film SLRs

IMGP7810.JPG IMGP7813.JPG I thought I had already post my film cameras on here. I guess I was mistaken. Here is one of mine

#47574 Your Best Photo, Week Ending 26 March 2017

Posted by Patrick9 on 26 March 2017 - 11:19 AM in Mini-Challenges, Member Contests, and Games

I am supposed to limit my walking still, so I may have over done it a bit this week.  I slipped out yesterday to a RR siding where I could sit and not worry about bring run over.. I took a new to me 35mm film camera along with 3 lenses nd one DSLR body. Here is one taken with the DSKR My K-S2 with my Nikkor 105 fitted with adapter. converted to B/W in ACDsee 9

105 BW.JPG

#47235 My film cameras are dying

Posted by Patrick9 on 12 March 2017 - 02:11 PM in Nikon Film SLRs

A shooting buddy of mine recommended a gentleman that has done some repairs for him . I already have an estimate back $165 for the repairs and CLA + $18 for shipping.

#47226 My film cameras are dying

Posted by Patrick9 on 12 March 2017 - 09:25 AM in Nikon Film SLRs

Thanks everyone.

I finally got the Fe working correctly. The FM2 acts like the shutter did not fully cock. The film advance lever will not move past the "on" position to let me cock the shutter. Even with the button pushed to let me do multiple exposures. I guess I have more work for myself on this one.

Thanks for the link Brian. I have downloaded it.

Camera Service co. is the repair branch of KEH I believe.

#47204 My film cameras are dying

Posted by Patrick9 on 11 March 2017 - 06:05 PM in Nikon Film SLRs

A few months ago My FM2 developed film advance issues. I can only advance the lever with the release ( for multiple exposures ) Held. that is after removing the bottom plate to release the arm manually. The shutter button is not set so I cannot trip the shutter. Today I went to load a roll of film in my FE and after tripping the shutter in several settings I moved it to AUTO.  like it was on it now has the same issues as the FM2 I can not advance the film lever nor trip the shutter. I am looking for ideas, before I get ticked enough to just rip one of them apart. I am now own to only having 2 35mm film bodies working and they are my K1000 and a Pentax ZX L. None of my Nikon bodies  are working.

I am open to suggestions since I really do like these 2 cameras but I do not want to just replace them. The FM2 is my avatar here.

#47119 I'm still here

Posted by Patrick9 on 09 March 2017 - 01:05 PM in Coffee Chat

Sorry to hear about the knees, Patrick. I can relate. Many years ago I was in an accident that damaged the cartilage in both of my knees. It took me quite awhile to get over that and even now, decades later, I can still predict the weather with my knees. 

Deano, I'm also sorry to hear about your upper respiratory ailment.

Hope you're both feeling much better. Heal fast guys!

--Ron

I can predict it with my right foot. It was run over several years ago broken in 3 places . it is fin except when pressure fronts come thru.

Welcome back Patrick9.  Feb, March seems to be wicked for Nikonites.  I too, have been waylaid by an upper respiratory ailment, just now getting back to the camera.  Went to the gym today, fort time in three weeks.  No way to enjoy spring in the desert.

I hope you get back fully well soon. hate to miss a spring being ill.

Ugh--sorry to hear you've had to deal with knee surgery, but I'm very glad to hear you're up and about again. At least you've got a good excuse for not posting much--I'm just claiming that I'm too busy with work, which is probably not the best excuse. I've been checking in here, but I haven't touched my camera for probably more than three weeks now. So, maybe you'll inspire me to get my act together!

Anyway, I hope you continue to heal well, and I look forward to seeing what you do next week when you're back in action with your camera.

I have a new camera to play with and can't get out . Large bandages that keep me from bending my leg come off tomorrow. YEA. I hope to be seeing some of your shots soon as well.