Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Robport's Content

There have been 4 items by Robport (Search limited from 20-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#79726 Aftermarket Batteries

Posted by Robport on 26 July 2022 - 04:04 PM in Nikon Z Mirrorless Cameras

I did charge the Nikon battery to full and left it in the camera for a few hours....same thing when I turned it on....Oh well, it was something to try.

#79704 Aftermarket Batteries

Posted by Robport on 26 July 2022 - 05:24 AM in Nikon Z Mirrorless Cameras

I'll try that before I send it back, thank you

#79653 Aftermarket Batteries

Posted by Robport on 23 July 2022 - 05:25 PM in Nikon Z Mirrorless Cameras

I just received the new Nikon Battery and it does the same thing.   Cleaned the contacts...no change.   Guess it's going back.   Thanks for your help though.

#79588 Aftermarket Batteries

Posted by Robport on 19 July 2022 - 08:08 AM in Nikon Z Mirrorless Cameras

I just bought a used Z6, as an upgrade to my old 5300.   It didn't come with a battery.   I've now bought two sets of Amazon aftermarket batteries.   The first said it was for a host of Nikon cameras and the second said it was specifically a replacement for the 15B battery.   When I put any of the four in my new camera (which I haven't been able to verify even works yet), I get an error, specifically  "This battery cannot be used.   It does not communicate properly with this camera.   To use the camera safely, choose a battery designated for use in this camera."    

I have the specific Nikon battery coming...who knows when it will get here, but everything I read tells me it should accept at least some of these batteries.

Is this normal?   Could it be due to a change in software?  Could it be a problem with the camera software?

Thanks for your time.