Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

EyeconicMedia's Content

There have been 1 items by EyeconicMedia (Search limited from 29-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#73139 Nikon D750 - Live View HDMI issue

Posted by EyeconicMedia on 23 April 2021 - 02:11 AM in Technical Troubleshooting

Hi!

I'm using my Nikon D750 a lot for live streaming events. I hook it up with a USB HDMI-capture card (along with other camera's and/or USB webcams) and use a multi-camera setup.

I've just acquired a cheap multi-HDMI video switcher that outputs to USB (and also functions as a capture card) which lets me hook up multiple HDMI devices and thus requires only 1 USB port, because the amount of ports or data streams a desktop or laptop can handle are limited. Kind of like the Blackmagic ATEM Mini or RGBLink Mini, but yeah, a cheap alternative.

https://imgur.com/a/F7JywU5

When hooking up the D750 to get a clean HDMI-output, you have to put the camera on Video mode and turn on the live view with the Lv-button. That works without a problem.

The issue I'm facing is: when hooking up multiple cameras to said device, and when switching from one to another, my D750's live view automatically shuts off, because at that point I'm using another camera's output signal and not the one from the D750. Meanwhile, my Z6ii's live view just keeps working as normal when switching inputs, it does not shut off.

Is this just due to the way the D750 works? It always needs an active output signal else it will shut off? Or perhaps I need to change some options somewhere?

Or is this just due to the crappy device I bought, and an ATEM Mini, etc. does not have this problem?

Thanks for any insights!!