Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

SilverPhoto1's Content

There have been 22 items by SilverPhoto1 (Search limited from 19-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#75107 Owl City

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 06 September 2021 - 03:03 PM in Abstract and Artistic Effects

Owl City copy.jpg

#71609 Nikon D6

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 14 January 2021 - 05:50 PM in Photographic Industry

What do you think of it?

I love the D6, it is an awesome camera and oddly enough got me back in with Nikon Professional Services too..  Well the D6 and the Nikkor 120-300 F/2.8 lens.. 

#70238 While at the race, some friends wanted me to capture this!

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 12 October 2020 - 10:01 AM in People and Portraits

While at the race, another Pro Photographer said "Hey Capture This Image" So I did!!

I hang out with these guys at races, they are all friends of mine... 

Attached Thumbnails

• Friends1.jpg

#70237 From a race on Saturday 10-10-20

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 12 October 2020 - 07:54 AM in Sports

It rained and I caught this image of friend with my new D6 and a 120-300mm f/2.8 lens.. 

Challenging photographing in this much rain...

Attached Thumbnails

• Mark2.jpg

#70215 New Member Introduction

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 09 October 2020 - 01:47 PM in Say Hello!

Welcome, I am relatively new here too!! Enjoy the forum!

#70214 Nikon D6

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 09 October 2020 - 08:39 AM in Photographic Industry

Why not get on the list at one of the OR NPD-s? There seems to be a couple of Nikon Professional Dealers in your state.

https://cdn-6.nikon-...uth_dealers.pdf

Some of my friends in the USA swear by Berger Bros for getting pro equipment faster than through the largest dealers.

Well I was able to purchase one and even shot a few images with it Tuesday after I got it... Call Pro Photo in downtown Portland and oddly they had one in stock so I quickly went down and bought it.. They were telling me they get one at a time.. If things were normal they said they normally get 8 or 9 at a time..  So since they got one and sold it, they can order another one now... Crazy times right now..

#70188 Nikon Mh-26a charger

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 07 October 2020 - 08:15 AM in Technical Troubleshooting

Ok this is nothing but bizarre...  I got a new MH-26a charger with the D6, it charged the 18c battery that came with the D6 no problem. So I put one of the 18c batteries that was not charging on my older MH26a that came with my D5, it is charging now in the new one... Crazy! 

#70180 Look what I got tonight

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 06 October 2020 - 08:21 PM in Nikon FX DSLRs

Got pick this up tonight

Attached Thumbnails

• Nikon D6.jpg

#70176 From a shoot yesterday

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 06 October 2020 - 03:59 PM in People and Portraits

A model wanted to shoot with me, here is one image...

Attached Thumbnails

• A4.jpg

#70169 Nikon Mh-26a charger

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 06 October 2020 - 11:16 AM in Technical Troubleshooting

One thing I did notice, the 18b batteries were made in China, the 18c batteries are made in Japan...

#70161 Nikon Mh-26a charger

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 05 October 2020 - 01:03 PM in Technical Troubleshooting

Do you have a multimeter so you can test the voltage of the battery?

If I remember correctly, it is the outermost slots that will give the 10.8 V nominal voltage of the full battery. Both the chamber and calibration lamps blinking in sequence might mean there's something wrong with the battery, usually either a deep-discharged battery or a dead cell. If it is a third-party battery, there might be something screwy with the battery monitoring circuit.

I will check, but these are newly purchased Nikon EL18c batteries, I got them from B&H. 

#70159 Nikon Mh-26a charger

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 05 October 2020 - 12:02 PM in Technical Troubleshooting

The MH-26a is the correct charger for the EN-EL18c batteries according to this page.

Why not calibrate the new batteries? They are probably not balanced if they have been in storage for a while. To initiate calibration, just press the cal button for the current battery chamber for a bit over one second.

Well I found all that info, but the problem is you cannot press the calibrate and have it come on. You can hold it down and nothing.. The lights near the top blink as well as the calibrate and or charging level just blink rapidly...

#70156 Nikon Mh-26a charger

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 05 October 2020 - 08:04 AM in Technical Troubleshooting

So when I got my Nikon D5 I bought a Nikon MH-26a to charge its batteries, I have had zero issues with it.  Well I have been trying to buy a Nikon D6 which uses EN-El18c batteries, the batteries that I have been using on the D5 are 18b.. 

The charger charges the 18b with no issues at all.. Well I bought a couple of 18c batteries to have for the D6, they will work on the D5 too, well when I try to charge them on the MH-26a the top light and calibrate light just flash and it will not charge them... 

Ideas? 

#70137 Member survery...

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 04 October 2020 - 08:04 AM in Photographic Industry

A - it is my profession 

#70120 Nikon D6

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 03 October 2020 - 11:59 AM in Photographic Industry

I don't know of anyone who has one although I haven't looked hard.  Are you on a waiting list?  Have you purchased and it just hasn't shipped yet?  You indicated you were a pro, have you asked your Nikon contacts or have you tried it through NPS?  This is the third post of yours I have read saying you wanted to buy a D6 but I have yet to see what you have done in trying to purchase one.

I used to be with NPS but my old equipment disqualified me. I tried purchasing from Adorama when they emailed me they had some, probably just a few.. But it a Jewish holiday weekend and the stores were all closed. I ordered it as soon as the email came in. But they were not open till Tuesday and by then they were all gone. Right now I just put the money down on one at B&H but all the stores in NY are closed till the 11th. So we will see.. I am about ready to just order one directly from Nikon..

#70116 NIKON INC. ANNOUNCES RETAIL AVAILABILITY OF THE FLAGSHIP NIKON D6 DSLR

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 03 October 2020 - 07:47 AM in Official Nikon News

B&H has them on a 2-4 week wait, you can sign up for an alert as to when they're in stock again.

I had an email notification setup for Adorama, got one saying they had some, of course with the Jewish holiday it really messed things up and by the time the shipping guys had access to the order they were out... I prepaid for one with B&H and now waiting, they all are closed right now till Oct 11, so maybe about then maybe they will get some... I am about ready to just order it directly from Nikon.

#70088 NIKON INC. ANNOUNCES RETAIL AVAILABILITY OF THE FLAGSHIP NIKON D6 DSLR

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 01 October 2020 - 01:57 PM in Official Nikon News

I've been trying to buy one, no luck so far

#70087 Nikon is Developing the D6 Digital SLR Camera and the AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm F...

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 01 October 2020 - 01:33 PM in Official Nikon News

Well the lens is $9800 and the D6 is $6500, that is if you can get a D6, I am trying... I do own the lens and it is nothing short of spectacular for sports and portraits. It is heavy at over 7 pounds .. 

I use the lens on my D5 and it works great.. Can't wait to use it with a D6. 

#70080 D6 Availability

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 01 October 2020 - 11:52 AM in Nikon News and Rumors

Been looking for a D6, they are impossible to find or get...  Adorama emailed they had some in stock, but it was over the holiday and by the time they saw my order they were gone..  

#70069 Please Nikon, say it ain't true.

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 30 September 2020 - 06:50 PM in Nikon News and Rumors

I've been trying to Buy a D6 no luck so far..

#70068 Nikon D6

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 30 September 2020 - 06:47 PM in Photographic Industry

Been looking for  D6. I have a D5 and D3....... So far no luck on the D6

#70065 Hi All

Posted by SilverPhoto1 on 30 September 2020 - 06:18 PM in Say Hello!

Greetings all,

I am a professional photographer in Oregon!!!! I currently own a D3 and a D5, trying hard to buy a D6, no luck so far... I am a former President of the Portland Metropolitan Photographers Association which became OPPA after PPO folded ... 

Kristi