Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Musicman's Content

There have been 2 items by Musicman (Search limited from 24-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#83742 Wein Battery Life Span

Posted by Musicman on 08 July 2023 - 09:02 AM in Nikon Film SLRs

Thank you for your response. It just seems strange to me that with no actual use the two batteries in my Nikon FTn would drain down whereas the one battery in my Nikkormat  FTn has not. One of life's mysteries I guess. Perhaps the battery compartment in the Nikkormat is more air-tight? Food for thought.

#83300 Wein Battery Life Span

Posted by Musicman on 09 June 2023 - 01:54 PM in Nikon Film SLRs

About ten months ago I put two brand new Wein 1.35 volt batteries in my Nikon FTN and one brand new Wein 1.35 volt battery in my Nikkormat FTN. For background purposes about 1.5 to 2 years ago I had my Nikon FTN meter totally cleaned, lubed and calibrated (new cds cells as well) for the Wein 1.35 volt batteries.

Today I checked the voltages of all three batteries. The two from the Nikon FTN both read approximately .834 volts. This reading is in line with what I would expect after ten months. The battery from the Nikkormat FTN, however, read a healthy 1.34 volts. Neither camera was used during this ten month span of time.

So, my question is why do you think the batteries from the Nikon were exhausted and the battery from the Nikkormat was still showing a healthy voltage? Could it have anything to do with the number of batteries used in each camera or anything to do with the cameras themselves?

Thanks!

David Moss