Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

billdaly's Content

There have been 5 items by billdaly (Search limited from 24-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#63713 Error. Press shutter release button again

Posted by billdaly on 06 August 2019 - 12:43 PM in Technical Troubleshooting

When I receive the new control unit I propose to dismantle the camera and try relaxing the screws and maybe lubricate the other parts of the current control unit before attempting to install the new unit.

#63531 Error. Press shutter release button again

Posted by billdaly on 27 July 2019 - 04:43 PM in Technical Troubleshooting

I read in another post for another Nikon camera, that someone relaxed the screws that hold the aperture control unit together and that made it work. Could it be a result of poor quality control that a number of 5300 units suffer this problem?

Alternatively, a new aperture motor control unit is only $14 from China, I just wonder if it would solve the problem?  

On the basis that they are also readily available on Amazon,  I have decided to buy one and see if that solves the problem.

#63530 Error. Press shutter release button again

Posted by billdaly on 27 July 2019 - 02:43 PM in Technical Troubleshooting

One picture of the D70s and two of the D5300 levers.

The D5300 lever looks OK to me.

I did apply a small amount of silicone lubricant to the red cog shown in the picture,as per related problems/solutions, but the situation is no better or worse.

D70s lever.jpg

D5300 lever 1.jpg

D5300 lever 2.jpg

Red aperture cog D5300.JPG

#63525 Error. Press shutter release button again

Posted by billdaly on 27 July 2019 - 12:43 PM in Technical Troubleshooting

I have a similar issue with my D5300.

Small aperture settings create the shutter error and are cleared by switching back to automatic mode and persisting with the shutter button.

Problem occurs with both my lenses on the D5300 and the lens works perfectly on my D70s.

Tried all the things you have..

Took a series of shots under the same conditions but reduced aperture successively. At about f6.7, the exposure dropped dramatically which matches my experience under normal shooting conditions.

Repeated the experiment on the D70s with the same lens and no dramatic drop off in exposure, it behaved as expected.

In desperation, stripped the camera down, found nothing untoward inside, put it back together but still get the same press shutter button error.

It still shoots fine photos at wide apertures but anything above f8 can cause problems.

One interesting observations is that the onset of the problem is delayed at longer focal lengths.

Did you resolve your problem and if so how?

#63516 Nikon D5300: Live View Mode Disables My Camera. Can't Take Photo/Video.

Posted by billdaly on 27 July 2019 - 06:17 AM in Technical Troubleshooting

I have a similar issue with my D5300.

Small aperture settings create the shutter error and are cleared by switching back to automatic mode and persisting with the shutter button.

Problem occurs with both my lenses on the D5300 and the lens works perfectly on my D70s.

Tried all the things you have..

Took a series of shots under the same conditions but reduced aperture successively. At about f6.7, the exposure dropped dramatically which matches my experience under normal shooting conditions.

Repeated the experiment on the D70s with the same lens and no dramatic drop off in exposure, it behaved as expected.

In desperation, stripped the camera down, found nothing untoward inside, put it back together but still get the same press shutter button error.

It still shoots fine photos at wide apertures but anything above f8 can cause problems.

One interesting observations is that the onset of the problem is delayed at longer focal lengths.

Did you resolve your problem and if so how?