Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

ALPUGH's Content

There have been 2 items by ALPUGH (Search limited from 29-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#82242 damaged bayonet

Posted by ALPUGH on 15 February 2023 - 07:57 PM in Technical Troubleshooting

Good day group!

A few days ago while being bounced around in a fast moving whale tour boat on choppy water,  I dropped my D5 and 500mm f/5.6 PF lens (attached).

It hit the floor of the boat quite hard.

I took some photos afterwards and they seemed ok on the rear monitor and they look ok at home on the computer.

however,... the bayonet on the D5 is slightly bent, it will not take any other lens other than the 500mm that fell with the camera.

And that 500mm lens?  Yep, the bayonet is visibly damaged, one of the "raised edges" is warped and cracked. It will no longer attach to my other nikon cameras.

Youtube has plenty of DIY bayonet replacement videos.  Simple enough.

I can find a bayonet for the D5 on EBAY, but I am not having luck finding a bayonet for the lens. 

Can someone tell me if any other model lens bayonet can be used on the 500mm f/5.6 PF lens?

I might have better luck finding a replacement if I knew what was compatible.

Thanks!

Andy

#80865 Using non-nikon lenses and video D810

Posted by ALPUGH on 15 October 2022 - 03:17 PM in Technical Troubleshooting

Good day!

I have run into a problem I am sure others have as well.

I have a number of telescopes that I hook up my cameras to to take photos. I remove the lens, and attach to telescope by Nikon T-ring.

Last night I had the desire to make a video using this setup.

I find it strange that once my D810 was attached by t ring to my telescope, I was unable to record any video.

I could see the view in live view, but when I pressed the record button  NOTHING happened. No red record light, nothing.

It is a given that the camera does not see the lens (there are no electronic connections for aperture or autofocus) , however, I CAN take photos using this setup. Why does the video recording not work?

Is there a setting I can adjust to make this work?

Thanks

ALP