Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

scoobymax's Content

There have been 189 items by scoobymax (Search limited from 29-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#10896 Time to play with Christmas Lites!

Posted by scoobymax on 06 December 2013 - 05:51 PM in Abstract and Artistic Effects

Cool. :)

#10794 Nikon Df initial shutter count

Posted by scoobymax on 04 December 2013 - 01:53 PM in Nikon FX DSLRs

Ye my new camera had a shutter count of about 100! The thing with nikon is they do such rigorous testing of their products that sometimes the shutter count can be quite high! Don't panic!! Most nikon s have a max shutter counter of 150000+ before the shutter assembly "wears out" and may need replacing but this is just a base number, I've seen shutters with 200000+ counts and still going strong!

#10625 sigma 70-300mm lens

Posted by scoobymax on 02 December 2013 - 01:05 PM in Beginner Questions

Great advice Morticiaskeeper :)

#9897 Viewbug.com Photo Contest

Posted by scoobymax on 24 November 2013 - 07:50 AM in Coffee Chat

Thank you Rocknrumble. :)

#9863 Viewbug.com Photo Contest

Posted by scoobymax on 23 November 2013 - 05:44 PM in Coffee Chat

Some beautiful shots Rocknrumble. :)

#9846 Viewbug.com Photo Contest

Posted by scoobymax on 23 November 2013 - 02:14 PM in Coffee Chat

Lovely pictures Serge. :)

Here's a link to mine.... http://www.viewbug.c...moncurry/photos

#9782 Viewbug.com Photo Contest

Posted by scoobymax on 22 November 2013 - 11:55 AM in Coffee Chat

I've been a member for about 4 months now and it's pretty good. There are plenty of free contests to enter for small prizes and recognition but if you want to win serious stuff you have to pay to enter them or be a paying member of the site. It's well worth checking out though

#9781 Aldi tripod

Posted by scoobymax on 22 November 2013 - 11:52 AM in Bags, Tripods, and Accessories

Sounds good, I have an Aldi round the corner! May take a wander tomorrow if I'm upto it. :)

#9726 Some great ideas here !

Posted by scoobymax on 21 November 2013 - 10:21 AM in Post-Processing, Printing, and Scanning

Some wicked shots there, but definately some photoshopped ones too!

#9468 printer

Posted by scoobymax on 19 November 2013 - 02:39 AM in Post-Processing, Printing, and Scanning

I'm with Tony on this one, if I was to print out more of my images I would invest in a very decent printer as colour reproduction is never perfect unless you spend silly money! My printer is great for everyday pictures and the cost of ink is less than £15 for colour and B&W, but for the cost of professional printing nowadays, for now at least I will send mine off to be printed professionally.

#9467 Beginner DSLR....which basic model is the best...

Posted by scoobymax on 19 November 2013 - 02:33 AM in Beginner Questions

I had a D3100 for my first two years of serious photography and it never let me down, great to handle and great pictures and performance. It may have a slightly "budget" price but it is by no means a budget camera, it is a great camera and would definatly recommend it for a beginner.

#9143 My Amateur photographers group

Posted by scoobymax on 16 November 2013 - 05:02 PM in Personal Photo Sites

https://www.facebook...otographersRus/

Here's the link! Sorry I though it was up,there!

#9106 Using Gaussian Blur

Posted by scoobymax on 16 November 2013 - 11:12 AM in Photographic Technique

Ye you should! Be carful not to add too much blur to portraits as it either becomes too obvious or they end up looking like a waxwork! Lol! :)

#9100 Using Gaussian Blur

Posted by scoobymax on 16 November 2013 - 10:59 AM in Photographic Technique

I use the Gaussian blur filter Cs6 to smooth out skin tones in portraits etc, works brilliant! Just duplicate the layer, add a Gaussian blur of about 2-3 pixels( this depends on the strength of the effect and your own personal preference) then simply using the eraser tool on the blurred layer, erase parts that you want to remain sharp such as the eyes, lips, nostrils etc etc..

I also use the radial blur tool to create effects like wheels spinning, this combined with other tools can give the effect of a car or bike in motion ( using motion blur tool for other parts of the image) even if the original image is of a car parked in a car park!

#8983 DSLRDashboard

Posted by scoobymax on 15 November 2013 - 04:02 AM in Tutorials & Tips

Yes Stas, like most of the newer apps available you need to be on the latests version of firmware for thing like theses apps to work, I'm using a rooted version of Ice-Cream Sandwich on my SIII.

#8981 Learn to love auto ISO

Posted by scoobymax on 15 November 2013 - 03:59 AM in Tutorials & Tips

I had never used the Auto ISO feature until I got my D7000, but now I use it all the time with a minimum of 100 and max 6400, works great and saves a lot of time too! I like others just need to remember to turn back to manual in other situations! :)

#8977 DSLRDashboard

Posted by scoobymax on 15 November 2013 - 03:47 AM in Tutorials & Tips

Hi Morticiaskeeper, if your feeling brave I have just got hold of the Samsung SDK Manager available free from www.developer.samsung.com . It's a new release whee you can download individual SDK packages depending on what your trying to create. I'm not sure if this will enable me to edit the code of an existing app to include newer features but when I get a chance I will have a look.

As far as the issues your having with the raw files viewed on your SIII I still think that this is because the raw files are so much bigger than the JPEG s the phone just can't handle the amount of data triying to be transmitted? :)

#8976 VR on or off

Posted by scoobymax on 15 November 2013 - 03:35 AM in Photographic Technique

Same here, unless it's absolutely needed it stays off! :)

#8880 The Photography Show 1-4 Mar 2014: Want to meet at it?

Posted by scoobymax on 14 November 2013 - 07:22 AM in Meet-Ups and Events

Yes Tony the Saturday would be better for me to. Looks like a great day out. :)

#8878 The Photography Show Birmingham NEC (UK) 1-4 Mar 13

Posted by scoobymax on 14 November 2013 - 07:18 AM in Meet-Ups and Events

Lol! I've only just noticed that.!! :)

#8850 The Photography Show Birmingham NEC (UK) 1-4 Mar 13

Posted by scoobymax on 14 November 2013 - 04:49 AM in Meet-Ups and Events

Ye that sounds like a plan! We could start a thread in the Meet up and events forum and see what other interest we get?

#8815 The Photography Show Birmingham NEC (UK) 1-4 Mar 13

Posted by scoobymax on 13 November 2013 - 06:49 PM in Meet-Ups and Events

Cool, will be looking at getting a couple of those! Thanks for the link. Maybe some of us UK'ers could organise a meet up at the event??

#8769 Tethering to Android device

Posted by scoobymax on 13 November 2013 - 02:02 PM in Tutorials & Tips

Mmm.....maybe google for the code and SDK? If not there is a program to create apps so I would think that same program is backwards compatable enabling you to edit any code within the app? It may be written in Python code which is easy enough to work with.

With regards to the phone issues it may be that the raw images are too much for the phones processor and memory to handle or the usb cannot cope with that much data.

#8707 What computer do you use?

Posted by scoobymax on 13 November 2013 - 10:07 AM in Post-Processing, Printing, and Scanning

Lol! Maybe, but I'm not sure NASA Launch Command would appreciate me hacking their system to try!! Lol! :)

#8705 What computer do you use?

Posted by scoobymax on 13 November 2013 - 10:01 AM in Post-Processing, Printing, and Scanning

Completely home crafted 4.5ghz AMD over clocked, 16Gb ddr4, Ati Radeon HD with 2gb internal also over clocked, several sata drives, and a 32inch LCD TV as my monitor....sweet as f@@&! :) does everything I need apart from launch a space shuttle. LOL!