Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

TFitz's Content

There have been 13 items by TFitz (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#48639 Flanders coast once more

Posted by TFitz on 22 May 2017 - 04:47 PM in Black and White

Great set of photos, the black & white really gives a very moody perspective. :)

#48233 Processing ?

Posted by TFitz on 27 April 2017 - 08:01 AM in Post-Processing, Printing, and Scanning

Thanks for getting back.

Can you explain lens correction? 

#48156 Processing ?

Posted by TFitz on 24 April 2017 - 01:20 PM in Post-Processing, Printing, and Scanning

Can some of you tell me what apps does the expensive photo processing apps have that ViewNX2 and LightZone don't ? I just want to decide what I need for putting images of my painting  on my website and to have note-cards printed.

Thanks

#48026 In for repairs.

Posted by TFitz on 17 April 2017 - 07:38 PM in Seascapes

Very nice, I did a painting called " In For Repairs"  I did in Cornwall.

In For Service (Small).JPG

#47934 Passenger Seat

Posted by TFitz on 11 April 2017 - 08:42 AM in Landscapes

Very Nice

#47893 Hamilton P/W 1885

Posted by TFitz on 09 April 2017 - 10:20 AM in Cars and Machinery

My just completed repair of a Hamilton 17jewel pocket watch made in 1885. I buy old watches, clean , repair and own ten (so far) Taken withe my new d3300

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0012.JPG
  • DSC_0013.JPG

#47892 Where would YOU go?

Posted by TFitz on 09 April 2017 - 07:40 AM in Coffee Chat

Well the majority of what I know of the USA was gleaned from reading Bill Bryson's 'The Lost Continent', one of my favourite books but not the most flattering portrait of a country - albeit gently unflattering. I've worked in maybe a dozen countries but the only time I was in the States was a one week course at the Remington Firearms factory in New York State. Wherever you go, there is always something interesting to see.

However, I wouldn't be able to resist that ghost town!

My Dad worked at Savage arms in Utica NY just up the road from Ilion NY until WW11 when he went in the Air Corps. The Mohawk Valley is a beautiful place.

#47891 New Follower

Posted by TFitz on 09 April 2017 - 07:26 AM in Say Hello!

Here in Cornwall, the light is considered some of the best in England. St. Ives and Newlyn, both within twenty miles of where we live, were famous for the artists who came to live and work here. There are still a proliferation of them, some of them extremely good.

I will make it a personal project, over the next few months (as we come into summer) to try to capture some images which illustrate that light. Having said that, I've tried before and failed!

Recent failed attempts include...

attachicon.gifDSC_8298.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3951.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_4103.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_4164.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3985.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_4057.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_8296.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_4997.jpg

I'll keep trying...

Trying to capture that wonderful light & color is very difficult in oil paint, akin to the light at the Grand Canyon. The fun is in the attempts. The better you get the more you realize how far away the goal is.

#47837 $18.88 Battery

Posted by TFitz on 05 April 2017 - 01:22 PM in Beginner Questions

Under description, it says " Rechargeable Proprietary Battery Replacement" The key here is replacement, I think. This language is typical of the bait and switch traders.

Thanks Your a Star!!

#47830 $18.88 Battery

Posted by TFitz on 05 April 2017 - 11:08 AM in Beginner Questions

Did you click on my  link?, it says genuine Nikon (new)

Google is your friend... https://www.yelp.com...-sheepshead-bay

Thanks I thought it was to good to be true

#47825 $18.88 Battery

Posted by TFitz on 05 April 2017 - 09:47 AM in Beginner Questions

Has Anyone dealt with "Photo Land.com The have a Nikon Battery For  $18.88 is this for real? 

Thanks

http://www.thephotol...5VW-RoCzxbw_wcB

#47744 New Follower

Posted by TFitz on 01 April 2017 - 08:22 AM in Say Hello!

We love Cornwall & stay in St Mawes, my wife is a weaver & is the only American in the "Cornwall Weavers Guild", at least until MR. Trump won't allow it. :) 

Many great painting locations.

#47718 New Follower

Posted by TFitz on 31 March 2017 - 08:39 AM in Say Hello!

Hi Everyone

I am fairly new to the forums. I signed up a month ago using Facebook & the forum won't let me sign in that way anymore, so yesterday I started from scratch.

I'm still a beginner with a nice new Nikon d3300. Most of my photography will be of my painting to go on my website & to make prints of them.

You all helped me out with some of my questions about a prime lens and other things.

As I said I'm an artist and have been for 30 years, I paint in with oil paint & am a member of "Oil Painters of America", I am a pilot ( for 30 years), & I collect & repair old pocket watches. 

I am a Disabled American Veteran from wounds received in the Vietnam War. 

I have included a photo of one of my paintings called " St. Ives Light" done when traveling with my wife to England.[attachment=8244:St. Ives light

Attached Thumbnails

• St. Ives light (Small).JPG