Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Adamwesleyo's Content

There have been 50 items by Adamwesleyo (Search limited from 29-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#27575 D7000 Raw+Jpeg

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 05 October 2014 - 01:34 PM in Technical Troubleshooting

Yes if I have them store on one card it can pull only the jpeg to the app and display only the raw on the camera. I think this might be my only solution. The pain with that is when I pull the card to import I have to sort them to not pull the jpegs also. Not that bad of a problem I guess. Just a couple of extra steps. You would think Nikon could just add a simple "Display Jpeg- on/off" in the multi card function.

Boy when I read back what my issue is it just makes me look lazy  :P

#27545 D7000 Raw+Jpeg

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 04 October 2014 - 07:51 AM in Technical Troubleshooting

The app doesn't have the problem. I can pull only the Jpeg from it with no issues or I can switch and have it pull the RAW (which I don't because the tablet is only 16 gig). It's just the camera display when I go through them manually. It's not even really a huge issue just an annoyance when you have to scroll through say 200 pics you actually end p scrolling through 400 pics because it displays both. I'm going to run through the settings again for that and see what I can come up with.

#27387 D7000 Raw+Jpeg

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 30 September 2014 - 06:09 PM in Technical Troubleshooting

I have a question that I was wondering if anyone else has any experience with. I recently purchased a D7000. I love this thing and have gotten down most of the features and what not. My question is this. I currently have it set so that the first card captures Raw and the second card captures Jpeg. I do this because I have what is essentially a cam ranger (actually a hacked 3040 wireless modem and dslr dashboard.) and it sends the jpegs to my tablet. I can send the raw files but being as they are large and I don't want to eat all the space up after taking a few pictures I have the jpegs sent.

Problem is I don't want the reviews in camera to show both photos. It may seem stupid but it get's pretty annoying going through what I have shot and having to scroll through both the raw and the jpegs and deleting is just as annoying. Is there a way to set it so that it only shows either one or the other or do you have to review both? Essentially can it just simply use the jpegs as backups without me having to worry about them. If that doesn't make sense let me know and I can try to reword. Thanks in advance. 

#17925 How to Photograph a Lunar Eclipse. From Nikon.

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 21 March 2014 - 09:17 PM in Tutorials & Tips

That timelapse technique looks very cool.  It really lets you appreciate the eclipse, as long as you can find an appealing foreground ;)

Thou shalt be done with the trigger trap. 

#16802 Birds Photo Contest Winners

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 01 March 2014 - 09:46 PM in Homepage Posts

Nice shots. Congrats!

#16120 D610. I just got it!

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 21 February 2014 - 02:05 AM in Nikon FX DSLRs

Take awesome pictures of the 610 with the 610.....wait I think I created a black hole......

#15513 What causes images to be faint

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 11 February 2014 - 12:09 AM in Beginner Questions

Yeah overexposed. Switch to manual and run that way for a while to get used to what you need to be looking for with the light meter. I find that I have to underexpose by about 1/3 of a stop to get it closer to where I want it.

#15224 D610 Giveaway - Winners Announced!

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 05 February 2014 - 12:22 AM in Official Contests and Events

Congrats!!!!!!

#14517 Yongnuo 622N Flash Triggers

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 29 January 2014 - 01:17 AM in Strobist Corner

I have 2 of the 560 III's I did a little research and found the meyin rf 604 works with these. I can trigger both flashes with it perfectly for about $35. 

http://www.lightingr...91#.Uuiq3Xl6hsM

#11248 Q&A Thread for D610 Giveaway

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 10 December 2013 - 06:13 PM in Official Contests and Events

I know nothing. Maybe you should ask the other Adam.

However I do have some light I could shed. It would just be shed on nothing.

#10913 High Speed Sync

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 07 December 2013 - 10:44 AM in Strobist Corner

Yeah I'm thinking ND filters are about the only way I'm going to get the results I am looking for. Cheaper than HSS strobes too. 

#10898 High Speed Sync

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 06 December 2013 - 10:00 PM in Strobist Corner

Ok so I have a question. I am messing more and more with flashes for fill light and what not. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions with a wide aperture and being able to add flash in high sunlight or ambient light situations. I've been reading up on high speed sync but would think there would be a way to run a manual flash faster than 1/200th and still be able to get a fill flash bright enough to make a difference. Everything I've been reading about HSS says you lose a lot of lighting power running HSS but I did read something about using a HSS flash as a trigger and having your slave able to fire at higher power. Does anyone have any experience with this?

#10880 All right, strobists, where do I start?

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 06 December 2013 - 11:18 AM in Strobist Corner

Got the flash. It is great. Probably ordering another one real soon. It's economically a sound choice. Let's just see if they last.

#10788 New Forest Photo Experience Day - Please Critique

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 04 December 2013 - 10:41 AM in Critique

The 1891 stone is great. Sepia would look good on it too.

#10787 Photographer wins a $1.2M Lawsuit for stolen images

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 04 December 2013 - 10:37 AM in Photographic Industry

I should probably start watermarking mine better. 

#10786 Old photo restoration.

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 04 December 2013 - 10:34 AM in Post-Processing, Printing, and Scanning

I've restored and colored a few older pictures. Just do the color on a different layer. You can get some good results if you mask out each section, color, and soft light or overlay the layer or try some of the others out. 

#10756 Night photography technique I used

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 10:25 PM in Photographic Technique

I usually go full open and around that shutter speed with good results. 

#10663 Don't buy Cheap Chinese ND Filters!

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 01:18 AM in Nikon Lens Discussion

I got an IR filter from china. Cheap so not big loss but it does have a little trouble with dark spots. It's usable with some lenses but not all.

#10662 Pass along my mishap in hopes of warning others (long read)

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 01:16 AM in Bags, Tripods, and Accessories

I probably would've dove after it and somehow tried to force the seas to part. But that's just me. 

#10661 Good lens recommendations?

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 01:01 AM in Nikon Lens Discussion

Did you get the one without VC because that one new is around $120 I think. Decent lens. Nothing I'd write home about but good for just tooling around with.

#10660 DIY Flash & Lighting Hacks

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 12:55 AM in Do-it-yourself (DIY)

I also saw a pro use some fluorescent lights rigged up for some pretty amazing studio lights. As long as you shoot at a slower shutter speed to compensate for the flicker it apparently works great. I'll see if I can find the link.

#10659 Instructables

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 12:52 AM in Do-it-yourself (DIY)

I'm cheap so yes I have. I made a IR trigger that connected to my phone and worked as a remote. Even bought a little box to make it look nice. Easy and really really cheap. I think it was about $5 total. The app cost more than the parts.

#10658 FYI-Rechargable Batteries for Speedlights

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 12:47 AM in Strobist Corner

Yeah I need to invest in some of those. Batteries are always something I need more of but I generally try to at least get away with rechargeable whenever possible. 

#10657 All right, strobists, where do I start?

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 12:39 AM in Strobist Corner

I just bought a cheap set up including a Yongnuo 560 III and some diffusers and shoot through umbrellas. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm not expecting a lot for under $100 for all of it but you never know. That's why I'm experimenting.

#10655 Has Anyone Tried Triggertrap on their Nikons?

Posted by Adamwesleyo on 03 December 2013 - 12:32 AM in Strobist Corner

I grabbed one a couple of months back and love it. I am doing some time-lapse with it and just picked up the flash attachment for some high speed photography. It works great and the customer service people are great. Plus it can do quite a few other things. For 20 bucks I now have a great intervalometer, high speed rig, etc. Does ramping, HDR time-lapse, sound triggering. It's the whole package. Plus they are adding stuff and working on some laser triggers and motion sensors that you can stack. I did a ton of research on their stuff and it's legit. 

Oh and forgot to answer your 2 questions. No and No. It's a smart trigger is what it is. Essentially it only fires the shutter but it can be set to fire at intervals, or for a certain length of time. Time-lapse will fire for as long as needed then you can set time in between. Watch some of the HDR time-lapse videos. But no tethering or viewing the pictures. I use mini USB and sofortbild for viewing on my computer rather than getting the pics on a card. Instant viewing and you can set the camera controls from the comp. Plus its free so that is even better.