Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Wayben's Content

There have been 10 items by Wayben (Search limited from 19-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#87630 Battery and Recharge Suggestions

Posted by Wayben on 18 March 2024 - 08:40 AM in Beginner Questions

I generally run them down to 15-25% and then charge them fully for storage.  I've never had a problem with OEM batteries doing that and been doing it for years.  However I have had some third party batteries swell to the point of being difficult to insert or remove.  More so with batteries for Fuji rather than Nikon.  Anymore I only buy OEM batteries because of that.

Wayne

#87199 Measurement of light.

Posted by Wayben on 17 February 2024 - 08:50 AM in Black and White

The conversion would make my head hurt.  1000 Lux = f/2.8 @ 1/50s for ISO 100.

#87182 Speedlight not recognizing Powerex Pro batteries

Posted by Wayben on 14 February 2024 - 11:14 PM in Strobist Corner

I've also had good luck with current eneloops.  I use them in everything that uses AAs and AAAs, haven't ever had them not perform well.

#87152 Would you upgrade your lenses?

Posted by Wayben on 13 February 2024 - 11:42 AM in Nikon Z Mirrorless Cameras

I agree with Jerry that designed for rather than adapted to works better, or at least fewer unanticipated issues.  I tend to keep a few select lenses and a body from the different generations, rather than try to adapt older lenses to the newer bodies.  Unfortunately, they do loose value over time, but usually I've gotten my money's worth out of them buy the time I do sell.

#86990 Focused area is blurry

Posted by Wayben on 01 February 2024 - 07:42 AM in Beginner Questions

I notice the OP hasn't been back to look at responses since 12th January.

He's not that concerned about it I guess.

#86906 no more F mounts being made

Posted by Wayben on 25 January 2024 - 09:20 PM in Nikon News and Rumors

Nikon came out today and squelched that rumor.

#86860 Filters!

Posted by Wayben on 20 January 2024 - 10:22 PM in Photographic Technique

Yes, I remember their ads.  They seemed to have everything you never knew you needed, lol.

#86840 Filters!

Posted by Wayben on 19 January 2024 - 08:41 AM in Photographic Technique

I remember Spiratone (correct spelling).  They were the JC Whitney of camera equipment.

#86827 Filters!

Posted by Wayben on 18 January 2024 - 10:10 AM in Photographic Technique

I always make sure I have a CPL the size of any lens I buy, but I don't remember the last time I used one.  NDs are another matter.  Those do get used on fast lenses in bright light and to blur moving water.  The only other filters I ever use are yellow, orange, and red for B&W film, which I seem to do less of lately.

Wayne

#86756 Focused area is blurry

Posted by Wayben on 14 January 2024 - 10:15 AM in Beginner Questions

Are you using a tripod?