Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

marco polo's Content

There have been 12 items by marco polo (Search limited from 25-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#30857 lastolite vs softbox

Posted by marco polo on 22 April 2015 - 05:46 PM in Strobist Corner

Hello guys came across the lastolite skylite rapid and was wondering what would be the difference between something like that and a softbox
Thanks alot

#29663 Speedlight white balance

Posted by marco polo on 12 January 2015 - 04:42 PM in Strobist Corner

ok but the only problem is that the fluroscent turn outs pretty blue if I measure for the tungsten...

#29661 Speedlight white balance

Posted by marco polo on 12 January 2015 - 03:50 PM in Strobist Corner

Hello everyone! So this issue is giving me a headache just thinking about it... I will be shooting in a large church with extreme mixed WB conditions (Tungsten and fluorescent). I will be using ambient as my main light and an on camera flash for fill light. I may have access to grey cards and color gels. How should I balance the WB of the speedlight on my subjects with the ambient light all around? Any help would be much appreciated.

#26480 different diplays

Posted by marco polo on 13 September 2014 - 06:04 PM in Beginner Questions

Hi everyone, lately i have been noticing a major difference in how my photos looked according to the different displays... Is there any way to manage that for clients?

#26479 PLZZZZZ HELP!

Posted by marco polo on 13 September 2014 - 05:59 PM in Beginner Questions

Hello everyone,

I deleted some pics from my sd card by accident... Though, I was able to recover them with pandora recovery. Yet, when I open them in view NX2 it says unspported file format (find sample @: https://www.dropbox....C_5062.NEF?dl=0). Does that mean they are corrupted? If yes what should I do? Please any help would be much appreciated... these are really imposrtant pics...

Thanks alot for all ur help in advance!

#25896 High speed post processing

Posted by marco polo on 25 August 2014 - 02:35 PM in Post-Processing, Printing, and Scanning

So im working on an entry into the high speed photography contest, i shot a wonderful milk splash and post processed it using photoshop lightroom and cs6. Though since the background is white u cannot entirely diffrentiate the difference between the splash and the background... What can I do?

Any advice/ help much appreciated!

#25188 Speedlight questions

Posted by marco polo on 03 August 2014 - 08:04 PM in Strobist Corner

the intrest in auto mode is because i HAVE to shoot with my nikon flash on a canon soo...

#25177 Speedlight questions

Posted by marco polo on 03 August 2014 - 12:31 PM in Strobist Corner

Ok so let me get this straight: auto wont work with a gary fong?

Also any manual shooters that would tell me how to shoot manually in an event where distance to subject is a variable?

#25160 Speedlight questions

Posted by marco polo on 02 August 2014 - 02:06 PM in Strobist Corner

Hey guys, 

Planning on buying my first speedlight

First though, I have a few Q's:

1- I've heard that Nikon speedlights have an auto mode (other than TTL) How well does this compare to TTL? Does it word with the gary Fong lightsphere?

2- When shooting in Manual flash, what role does the mecanical flash zoom play in the strengh of the light?? Can u just leave it at one setting for a full shoot??

Thanks alot for your support! 

#21479 Portfolio

Posted by marco polo on 14 May 2014 - 04:20 PM in Beginner Questions

Well... i mean a general portfolio to WOW anybody... What should i include??

#21205 I need ur critique

Posted by marco polo on 10 May 2014 - 11:14 AM in Critique

Hey guys tell me wat u think

Shot with a canon 60d 55-200 lens

(I know its not with a nikon cam but i was on assignment with it)

Here it is

#21206 Portfolio

Posted by marco polo on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM in Beginner Questions

Hey guys

I am starting out and was wondering how I can start a succesful and appealing protfolio(s)

I have no clue where to start, which pics to include etc...

I have access to lightroom 4 and photoshop cs6

Thanks in advance