Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

36 On 35 Project - Week 5

Posted by TBonz, 19 August 2015 · 2,748 views

Here are my images from my version of the 36 on 35 Project...my last week...Week 5

My goal was to capture images from my neighborhood to share with others...
July 25

My son was on the roof of our RV and grabbed one of the covers...I told him he looked like Dark Helmet for those who have seen Space Balls...only photo in my project that is an iPhone photo...

Attached Image

July 26

A dark but stunning sky...

Attached Image

July 27

Practice makes perfect and one of my favorite deer shots...

Attached Image
Attached Image

July 28

The river runs along one side of our neighborhood...and a mushroom we found along the way...
Attached Image
Attached Image

July 29

Cody got a trim and they left stars on each side of his back end...down from Cody's pasture were some deer that were trying to check us out...

Attached Image
Attached Image

July 30

A blue heron on the pond's island...One of my favorite horse shots - by chance of Cody again...loved the pond reflections...and the fact that they'd moved the tractor...
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

July 31

A day of beautiful skies to finish up my project...

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

I hope you have enjoyed the journey....I definitely enjoyed doing the project...Hoping to create a photo book in the next week or so...

Nice that you enjoyed the project. Shooting daily with a goal in mind is a very good exercise. Your photos are definitely more varied than mine, but a zoom is, I think, less limiting than a 35 mm prime.

Some of your captures in low light make me want a more modern DX body even if my D300 was state of the art when I bought it. 

Thank you Peter!  I agree that I had quite a bit more flexibility with the combination of a zoom and digital...but, it was a fun project.  I keep thinking I'd like to hang onto some level of DX, but the D7000 is getting old these days!  If money wasn't an object...............

Really I need to get to another D4 / D4s when I can and hopefully I'll save my profits of the business to build out all the other gear I'd like to pick up...And they do even better with the low light :)!

A nice set of images. I agree about going out with a goal. I really want to take my D7000 out with just my 35mm prime but the weather has not been cooperating. Actually... some of the thunderheads would make a nice backdrop but the heat and humidity has been so oppressive that I break a sweat just walking to the car. I wonder how modern AFS lenses will work with that old workhorse.

The good news is that I managed to find and drag out my N90s and I'll be checking it out over the next few days and weeks. I also located my old Minolta Autometer II incident light meter. Now, all I need to do is find a battery for it.

--Ron

Understand that Ron!  Most of the days of the project it was 90+F although we've occasionally had lower humidity...at least you should have a breeze off the ocean :)

Glad you found the N90...I still enjoy the D7000 even though I'm seriously considering replacing it and my D600 bodies...

• Ron likes this

Understand that Ron!  Most of the days of the project it was 90+F although we've occasionally had lower humidity...at least you should have a breeze off the ocean :)

Glad you found the N90...I still enjoy the D7000 even though I'm seriously considering replacing it and my D600 bodies...

Our ocean breezes are warm too. The water temperature at a nearby beach was 88°F yesterday. When I was younger, I could take the heat better. These days, not so much.

I can't fault you for moving up. If I had the scratch, I'd be sporting a D810 I guess. But, I'm pretty happy with my current set of bodies. They are perfectly adequate. If there's a limiting factor in the quality of my images it's more than likely the nut behind the wheel. 

--Ron

Agree totally...I spent a summer in Ft. Lauderdale, so I understand!  

The cost is definitely the biggest issue for me right now...If cost were not a factor, my kit would look quite a bit different...and weigh A LOT more!  I found someone who is selling a 400 2.8 yesterday...So far, no luck in convincing my wife on the price tag even though it is less than half of a new one :(  ...but, I will be updating the kit soon!

• Ron likes this

Well done! You ended up with a particularly nice series! (The dark helmet reference made me laugh out loud.)

March 2024

S M T W T F S
24252627 28 2930

Recent Comments