Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Comet

Posted by Adamwesleyo, 19 November 2013 · 895 views

Has anyone taken any pics of the ISON comet? I saw some pretty good ones earlier. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on a good focal length for trying this out. I have a 70-300. Not the best lens but it should work. I will try to get up by 4:30am to see what I can get. Good thing I have the day off tomorrow.

I am interested as well.  Adamwesleyo, you may want to check-out NASA's site, or National Geographic's site.  Sometimes they give detailed specs for shooting something like this.  But beware, a couple of months ago I read a "so-called" expert give settings for a "Super-Moon".  I tried those settings and it was a flop!  Fortunately I arrived with plenty of time to experiment on my own, and came away with some pretty decent shots of the moon, considering the glass I had at the time.  Ive recently upgraded some of my lenses, so next time should be killer!

Yeah I need to work on my moon shots as well. I love night photography but my camera (D80) does not perform well at higher ISO's or really long exposures at higher ISO's. There's a really hot spot on the top corners of the sensor that makes a blue splotch that is really bad. Really hard to fix. If its a star shot I can desaturate it without too much trouble but if there is any color it's done for without vignetting the hell out of it. So if someone wants to give me a D610 I wouldn't be too upset. Or a D800. Or a DanythingelsehigherthanmycurrentD80 < That's a new model coming out when my wallet thickens.

Just been looking at pictures about half an hour ago of the  ISON comet on the net and now seeing this post.

will be keeping an eye out to if i ca n see it for myself aslong as the sky stays clear.

It's now snowing here. Skies are not clear.

April 2024

S M T W T F S
1415161718 19 20

Recent Entries

Recent Comments