Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 IF DX II Wide Angle Lens for Nikon DSLR For Sale

Price - Free

Time Left - 56 Days, 6 Hours

Please sign in to contact advertiser directly

The Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X is argubly the best ultrawide zoom available for Nikon DX cameras, better than even Nikon's more expensive 12-24mm AF-S DX. Tokina calls this the Tokina AT-X Pro SD 11-16mm f/2.8 (IF) DX.

AT-X: Tokina's best lenses: "Advanced Technology - Extra."

Pro: One may switch between auto and manual focus simply by pushing the focus ring forward or back.

SD: Super-low Dispersion glass, the same as Nikon's ED and Canon's UD.

IF: Internal Focusing. Nothing moves on the outside as you focus.

DX: Only works properly on DX, not FX or full-frame, formats.

If you want an ultrawide zoom for your Nikon DX DSLR, this is my top suggestion as of 2008. (For the D40, D40x or D60, you still need the Nikkor 12-24mm for autofocus, and for Canon, I'd get the excellent Canon 10-22mm.)

This Tokina 11-16mm is the world's fastest and sharpest ultrawide lens for small format digital cameras (Nikon DX and Canon 1.6x). Considering its bargain price of under $600, its the world's best ultrawide lens for digital SLRs.

It is very well made. Its distortion is much easier to correct than the Nikkor's.

If you haven't actually shot with these lenses, you'd think this Tokina competes with Nikon's 12-24mm f/4, Canon's 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, Sigma's 10-20mm f/4-5.6, Tamron's 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6 and Tokina's own 12-24mm f/4. (Tamron announced work on a 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5, in January 2008, but it doesn't exist.) I compared all of the older lenses back in 2005 in my Digital Wide Zoom Comparison.

Having shot all these, there isn't any real competition for Nikon cameras. This 11-16mm is superior, even to Nikon's own lens, and this Tokina is one of the least expensive. Feel free to read the other 95% of this review, however the details below only are interesting to 5% of my readers.

No original retail box available.

General

• Condition Used - Like New
  • Original Owner Yes
  • Return Policy No return unless shipper damages
  • Item Location Salt Lake City, UT
  • Shipping Destinations Domestic
  • Shipping Cost Depends on Location
  • Accepted Payment Methods Paypal or Venmo
  • Shipping Service(s) UPS, USPS, Fedex
There are no public questions for this advert.